How to withdraw PF online with UAN
PF and Pension Claim Online
PF or EPS withdrawal can be done either by submission of a physical application for withdrawal or an online application. Check EPFO portal for Employee Provident Fund Withdrawal, Claim Status, Transfer & Balance.
What is EPF Withdrawal Online
Employee Provident Fund is a scheme instated by the government, as per the Employee Provident Fund Act of 1952, wherein you and your employer contribute a specific amount each month. Since money is invested on a monthly basis, it helps you build a corpus for your post-retirement life. While your PF account will change every time, you start working at a new organisation, your consolidated EPF account, identified by your Universal Account Number (UAN) will not change. This 12-digit UAN is extremely useful, and is all you need to check your PF details. If you want to know your EPF balance or if you want to check contributions made by your employer, you can do so, through the EPFO e-SEWA portal, mobile app, and SMS by logging in with your UAN.
What is required to withdraw PF online?
In case of emergencies such as hospitalisation, wedding or education of your child, home renovation and repairs, you may need quick access to these funds. Instead of taking a loan, you can withdraw funds from your PF in full or in part. Just remember that to initiate the PF withdrawal process you will have to keep your Universal Account Number (UAN) handy.
In order to withdraw your PF amount using EPFO portal, you will need to ensure the following:
- UAN must be activated
- Aadhar number must be linked and verified with UAN
- The bank account where you want to receive the amount must be linked with UAN and approved by employer with Digital Signature of Authorized Signatory.
- Name Printed Cancelled cheque of your Bank Account seeded with UAN.
In case of any changes or modifications, you can complete the eKYC process, and update your details before you submit a claim.
How to withdraw PF online with UAN?
You can easily withdraw your PF online through your UAN by visiting the EPFO e-SEWA portal. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Login to the portal – Visit the EPFO e-SEWA portal and login using your UAN and password, and enter the captcha code. In case you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset via an OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Visit Online Claims section – When you’ve logged in, you can look for ‘Claim (Form-31, 19, 10C & 10D)’ in the ‘Online Services’ section
- Enter bank account details – Once this section opens, you will be required to enter the correct bank account number (seeded with UAN), as a verification process.
- Confirm Terms & Conditions – Once you’ve verified your details, you would need to confirm the ‘Terms and Conditions’ as stated by EPFO. You can then click on ‘Proceed for Online Claim’
- Select reason for withdrawal – You’ll find a dropdown menu, from which you would need to choose the reason for withdrawing from your PF account. You will only be shown the options for which you’re eligible.
- Enter details and upload documents – When you select the reason for withdrawal, you would need to enter your complete address, and you may need to upload your cheque/passbook details if you’ve chosen the option for ‘Advance Claim’. You’ll need to accept further ‘Terms and Conditions’ before requesting a one-time password (OTP) for verification.
- Get Aadhaar OTP – Once you’ve confirmed your details and accepted the ‘Terms and Conditions’, you would need to request an OTP, which will be sent to the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar. On entering the OTP, your claim application will be submitted.
Once you’ve submitted your claim, you can track the status of your claims by logging into your Member e-SEWA portal account, under ‘Track Claim Status’. The EPFO officials will match your data in their records with the data submitted in your online claim form. On completing their verification, they will process your claim application and the amount will be credited to the bank account, linked with your UAN.
Partial withdrawal of EPF can be done under certain circumstances and subject to certain prescribed conditions which have been discussed in brief below:
|Sl. No.||Particulars of reasons for withdrawal||Limit for withdrawal||No. of years of service required||Other conditions|
|1||Medical purposes||Six times the monthly basic salary or the total employee’s share plus interest, whichever is lower||No criteria||Medical treatment of self, spouse, children, or parents|
|2||Marriage||Up to 50% of employee’s share of contribution to EPF||7 years||For the marriage of self, son/daughter, and brother/sister|
|3||Education||Up to 50% of employee’s share of contribution to EPF||7 years||Either for account holder’s education or child’s education (post matriculation)|
|4||Purchase of land or purchase/construction of a house||For land – Up to 24 times of monthly basic salary plus dearness allowance||5 years||i. The asset, i.e. land or the house should be in the name of the employee or jointly with the spouse.|
|For house – Up to 36 times of monthly basic salary plus dearness allowance,||ii. It can be withdrawn just once for this purpose during the entire service.|
|Above limits are restricted to the total cost|
|iii. The construction should begin within 6 months and must be completed within 12 months from the last withdrawn instalment.|
|5||Home loan repayment||Least of below:||10 years||i. The property should be registered in the name of the employee or spouse or jointly with the spouse.|
|1. Up to 36 times of monthly basic salary plus dearness allowance||ii. Withdrawal permitted subject to furnishing of requisite documents as stated by the EPFO relating to the housing loan availed.|
|2. Total corpus consisting of employer and employee’s contribution with interest.||iii. The accumulation in the member’s PF account (or together with the spouse), including the interest, has to be more than Rs 20,000.|
|3. Total outstanding principal and interest on housing loan|
|6||House renovation||Least of the below:||5 years||i. The property should be registered in the name of the employee or spouse or jointly held with the spouse.|
|Up to 12 times the monthly wages and dearness allowance, or|
|Employees contribution with interest, or||ii. The facility can be availed twice:|
|Total cost||a. After 5 years of the completion of the house|
|b. After the 10 years of the completion of the house|
|7||Partial withdrawal before retirement||Up to 90% of accumulated balance with interest||Once the employee reaches 57 years|
Steps for PF & Pension Withdrawal Online
- Go to the UAN portal by clicking https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Log in with your UAN and password and enter the captcha.
- Then, click on the tab ‘Manage’ and select KYC to check whether your KYC details such as Aadhaar, PAN and the bank details are correct and verified or not.
- After the KYC details are verified, go to the tab ‘Online Services’ and select the option ‘Claim (Form-31, 19 & 10C)’ from the drop-down menu.
- The ‘Claim’ screen will display the member details, KYC details and other service details. Enter the last four digits of your bank account and click on ‘Verify’.
- Click on ‘Yes’ to sign the certificate of the undertaking and then proceed.
- Now, click on ‘Proceed for Online claim’.
- In the claim form, select the claim you require, i.e. full EPF settlement, EPF part withdrawal (loan/advance) or pension withdrawal, under the tab ‘I Want To Apply For’. If the member is not eligible for any of the services like PF withdrawal or pension withdrawal, due to the service criteria, then that option will not be shown in the drop-down menu.
- Then, select ‘PF Advance (Form 31)’ to withdraw your fund. Further, provide the purpose of such advance, the amount required and the employee’s address.
- Click on the certificate and submit your application. You may be asked to submit scanned documents for the purpose you have filled the form. The employer will have to approve the withdrawal request and then only you will receive money in your bank account. It usually takes 15-20 days to get the money credited to the bank account.
Some FAQs regarding Online EPF Claim Settlement
Question 1. What are the Claim Forms that can be filed from the UAN Answer: Member Portal directly by the employee?
Answer: The employee can apply for
- PF Final Settlement (Form-19),
- PF Partial Withdrawal (Form-31),
- Pension Withdrawal Benefit (Form-10C) and
- Application for monthly pension (Form-10D)
Question 2. What are the service requirements for the online withdrawal of PF using UAN?
Answer: You should fulfill the following service conditions:
- Date of Joining and Date of leaving should be available in the EPFO database.
- Presently, you should not be working under any establishment coverable under Public Provident Act.
- You should not submit the claim before the completion of two months after leaving your job.
Questions 3. What are the additional service requirements for online Pension Withdrawal Benefit (Form-10C)?
Answer: The total service should be between 6 months and 9.5 years in addition to the conditions mentioned under question 2 above for filing Pension Withdrawal Benefit Claim.
Question 4. What are the service requirements for the online filing of Public Fund Part Withdrawal Claim (Form-31) (popularly known as Advance cases)?
Answer: The Date of Joining of the member should be available in the EPFO database.
Question 5. Do I need to give any documentary proof for filing PF Part Withdrawal Claim (Form-31)?
Answer: No, there is no requirement to give any supporting document while filing an online EPF Part Withdrawal case. Your act of filing for the advance claim online taken as your self- declaration for having applied for the same.
Question 6. Can I divert the payment to some other Bank Account of my other than the one registered with EPFO for preferring online claims?
Answer: No. You can get the payment only into the bank account registered with EPFO database. If your registered bank account is closed or if you want to use some other bank account, you should not prefer the online EPF withdrawal. First of all, you need to get the bank account changed through your current employer.
Question 7. Is there a requirement to submit the claim PDF generated on the portal to the employer / EPFO office?
Answer: No. There is no such requirement.
Question 8. How can I authenticate online PF claim submission?
Answer: You can authenticate your EPF claim submission using OTP sent to your mobile number registered with UIDAI giving consent to UIDAI to share your e-KYC (Aadhaar) credentials to EPFO.
I hope this post would have helped you understand how to withdraw PF online with UAN. This online EPF withdrawal procedure is very easy and simple, and no supporting document required. I hope now you can withdraw your PF by filling the online EPF withdrawal form easily.